Senior Scientist - Team Lead API
Ardena is a leading contract development organization for the pharmaceutical industry. We assist pharmaceutical companies, from virtual biotech to big pharma, in bringing their valued molecule(s) to the clinic and market. We provide a comprehensive and integrated portfolio of drug substance and drug product development services. We strongly believe that our multidisciplinary approach can accelerate the drug development and approval process. By seamlessly integrating our services, we’re able to better mitigate development risks and ultimately reduce time-to clinic.
Ardena is a rapidly growing international orientated organization in the industry, with 7 company sites in 5 countries. (Belgium, the Netherlands, Latvia, Sweden and Spain). In recent years we have taken over several other organizations which are complementary to each other and created One Ardena Group. We currently have approximately 480 people working for us. We have realized an average growth of 15% on annual basis over the past 3 years and we have the ambition to continue this growth.
The Business Unit in Oss specializes in chemical process and analytical development, and cGMP manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and nanomedicines.
For the Ardena Business Unit based in Oss we are looking for a
Senior scientist - Teamlead API (FT) to strengthen our PR&D team
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
You will lead a team of Process R&D chemists during the development of manufacturing processes for APIs, and form the core project team together with the Project Manager and Analytical Lead.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will design and coordinate experiments in the lab, with a focus on transferring chemical processes from the bench to pilot plant scale
- You will write reports and maintain customer contact to update on the status and progress of projects
- You will be responsible for the project transfers to our Pilot Plant
- You will closely work together with colleagues in analytical science and QA
- You will be line manager of your team members and report to the Director Process R&D and Manufacturing
YOUR PROFILE LOOKS LIKE/ RESEMBLES
- You have a PhD degree in organic synthesis and extensive synthetic experience
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical development, scale up and cGMP are of added value
- You have strong scientific, technical, and organizational skills
- You feel comfortable in a dynamic and changing environment
- You like to learn and develop yourself and your team
- You are flexible, a problem solver and a team player
- You have an analytical mindset and you are stress resistant
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in both Dutch & English (written as well as spoken)
- You have good coaching skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- A true learning environment where you will have the ability to grow your skills
- A rapidly International developing and growing company with an interesting services, product and customer portfolio
- A dynamic working environment with nice colleagues
- Open straightforward but also caring culture
- We are true to our values
- An attractive remuneration package
- 30 days holiday a year
- Fruit & Fitness possibilities
Ready to apply? Please click on the application button
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, professionals not entitled to work in the European Union will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.
- Research & Development
- Team Leader
Senior Scientist - Team Lead API
Loading application form
Already working at Ardena?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.