Ardena is a leading contract development organization for the pharmaceutical industry. We assist pharmaceutical companies, from virtual biotech to big pharma, in bringing their valued molecule(s) to the clinic and market. We provide a comprehensive and integrated portfolio of drug substance and drug product development, manufacturing, logistics and bioanalytical services.
Ardena is a rapidly growing international orientated organization with a dedicated team of about 480 professionals operating from 7 sites in Belgium, The Netherlands, Sweden, Latvia and Spain. Ardena has an open and transparent culture: team-spirit, an open mindset and ownership are important values in our company.
We are a dynamic drug developer offering exciting career opportunities to skilled and motivated people who want to work in a fast-growing market within the global pharmaceutical industry. Do you want to work in a challenging contract research and development environment, where experts come together to develop innovative drugs for unmet medical needs? Do you want to further develop Ardena and grow with us by becoming our next colleague? Then we might have the right opportunity for you. The Business Unit in Oss specializes in chemical process and analytical development, and cGMP manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and nanomedicines.
For the Ardena Business Unit based in Oss we are looking for a Chemist (MSc) to strengthen our Process R&D nanomedicines team. (FT)
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
You will independently and in teams work on Process R&D of nanomedicines.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will design and execute experiments for development and scale up of the process for (GMP) manufacturing of nanomedicines
- You will execute (GMP) manufacturing of nanomedicines together with team members, and after some time help with the coordination thereof
- You will write technical reports in English
- You will keep yourself up to date with the latest developments and insights
- You will closely work together with colleagues in analytics, manufacture and QA
- You take up responsibility to run a smooth lab e.g. the management of your lab space, equipment and materials
- Over time, you will develop scientific, technical and organizational skills
- You will report to Group Lead Nanomedicine
YOUR PROFILE LOOKS LIKE/ RESEMBLES
- You have a MSc degree in chemistry or organic life sciences
- Knowledge of and experience with pharmaceutical development and cGMP is an added value
- You feel comfortable in a dynamic and changing environment
- You like to learn and develop yourself
- You have a hands-on mentality
- You are flexible, a problem solver and a team player
- You have an analytical mindset and you are stress resistant
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in both Dutch & English (written as well as spoken)
- We love creative thinking and pro-activeness
WHAT WE OFFER
- A true learning environment where you will have the ability to grow your skills
- A rapidly developing and growing international company with an attractive services, product and customer portfolio
- A dynamic working environment with nice colleagues
- Open straightforward but also caring culture
- We are true to our values
- An attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday a year
- Fruit & Fitness possibilities
Ready to apply? Please click on the application button
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the European Union) will not be given a status update. Agency calls will not be appreciated.