Ardena is a leading contract development organization for the pharmaceutical industry. We assist pharmaceutical companies, from virtual biotech to big pharma, in bringing their valued molecule(s) to the clinic and market. We provide a comprehensive and integrated portfolio of drug substance and drug product development, manufacturing, logistics and bioanalytical services.
Ardena is a rapidly growing international orientated organization with a dedicated team of over 500 professionals operating from 7 sites in Belgium, The Netherlands, Sweden, Latvia and Spain. Ardena has an open and transparent culture: team-spirit, an open mindset and ownership are important values in our company.
We are a dynamic drug developer offering exciting career opportunities to skilled and motivated people who want to work in a fast-growing market within the global pharmaceutical industry. Do you want to work in a challenging contract research and development environment, where experts come together to develop innovative drugs for unmet medical needs? Do you want to further develop Ardena and grow with us by becoming our next colleague? Then we might have the right opportunity for you.
For the Ardena Business Unit based in Oss, we are looking for a
Lab Technician/Associate Scientist – Solid State (FT)
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
Ardena Amsterdam is currently located in the Amsterdam UMC, which is specialized in the optimization of the drug substance physical forms including salts, polymorphs, amorphous forms and co-crystals. Our services also include preformulation activities and crystallization process development. For the first moths of employment, the employee will be working in our Amsterdam facility and from October 2022, a new Ardena solid state lab will be open in the Pivot Park, Oss and the employee will be requested to work from that location (transfer to a new working space).
The Associate Scientist role is focused on performing laboratory experiments including sample preparations, solid form screens, analytical tests, interpretation of the data and reporting. The Project Leaders, who have overall responsibility of customer projects, work with the Associate Scientist and brief them on laboratory experiments required for a project and the conditions and timelines for such work. The Associate Scientist report back to the owner of the project (Project Leader).
YOUR PROFILE LOOKS LIKE/ RESEMBLES
- You have a Bachelor (HBo) or a Master in Science (MSc) in Physical or Analytical Chemistry with preferably experience in solid state chemistry
- You have laboratory hands-on experience
- Experience with some of the following techniques will be preferred
- X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD)
- Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC
- Thermogravimetric analysis coupled with mass spectroscopy (TGMS)
- Liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LCMS)
- Dynamic vapor sorption (DVS)
- Karl Fischer determinations (KF)
- You are able to meet high quality standards and you have a research minded attitude
- You feel comfortable in a dynamic and changing environment
- You like to learn and develop yourself
- You are flexible, a problem solver and a team player
- You have an analytical mindset and you are stress resistant
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in English (written as well as spoken)
WHAT WE OFFER
- A true learning environment where you will have the ability to grow your skills
- A rapidly developing and growing international company with an attractive services, product and customer portfolio
- A dynamic working environment with nice colleagues
- Open straightforward but also caring culture
- We are true to our values
- An attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday a year
If you like to have more information about the role, please do not hesitate to contact Ana Fernández Casares, email: email@example.com, Tel: +31 20 8202690
Ready to apply? Please click on the application button
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the European Union) will not be given a status update. Agency calls will not be appreciated.