Ardena is a reputed contract partner providing drug development, manufacturing, regulatory support and dossier writing, logistics and bioanalytical services to pharmaceutical customers globally. We guide our customers through the challenges of drug development to bring to the market life saving (or life bettering) new medicines fast. Our integrated service offering is designed to streamline the drug’s progress to clinic and beyond, a seamless flow of CMC information ensures fastest timeline and the best, phase appropriate, quality. We are team of over 400 professionals divided over 7 sites in Belgium, The Netherlands, Sweden, Latvia and Spain.
At Ardena we’re reliable, proactive, flexible and we want to be best in class!
Ardena Pamplona / Idifarma is a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) located in Pamplona in center of the Spanish northern area, close to the French border, with nearby Airports in Pamplona, Biarritz and Bilbao. Ardena Pamplona is part of Ardena Drug Product Unit and is responsible for formulation and analytical development, manufacture and quality control of drug products. We are currently + 110 employees in our site.
We are looking for a Formulation Scientist to join our Development and Manufacturing team in Ardena Pamplona.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing technical expertise/scientific input on formulation development strategies
- Preparation and practical execution of formulation development projects
- Providing scientific expertise and formulation insights to Core Teams meetings
- Assisting to client meetings to present scientific data in a clear manner
- Writing scientific reports for clients, e.g. formulation development reports
- Drafting work instructions for the Formulation Associate Scientists to ensure that work is performed efficiently and in a scientifically sound manner
- Monitoring experiments (e.g. process development, implementation of new formulation techniques) and ensuring complex data are interpreted in a scientifically correct way
- Identifying potential stability and performance issues with prototype formulations
- Streamlining the activities associated with a wide variety of formulation technologies to shorten Formulation Lab turnaround times and improve the quality of formulations being delivered
- Supporting the scale-up of developed formulations and bringing them to GMP manufacturing
YOUR PROFILE LOOKS LIKE/ RESEMBLES
- PhD level education in the field of pharmaceutical technology; preferable expertise in spray drying, tablet/capsules or inhaled powder formulations.
- Having a degree as Msc. Pharmaceutical Sciences is an asset.
- Excellent oral (presentations) and written (reporting) skills in English
- Flexibility to work in both an R&D and GMP environment
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing environment with ease
- Work independently or as part of a team, able to stimulate other co-workers
- Able to deliver results within limited time and budget; solution-oriented
- Fluent in Spanish
- Have 5+ years pharmaceutical formulation development experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Have knowledge and experience of GMP, ICH, Ph.Eur, USP regulatory requirements for drug product development
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to make impact on multiple projects with a variety in formulations and technologies
- Ability to further grow your formulation and project management skills while working within multidisciplinary teams
- A true learning environment where you will have the ability to grow your skills
- A rapidly International developing and growing company with an interesting services and customer portfolio
- A dynamic working environment with nice colleagues
- Open straightforward but also caring culture
- We are true to our values
If this role resonates with you and you are eager to start your Ardena journey, we are looking forward to your application.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the European Union) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.