Ardena is a leading contract development organization for the pharmaceutical industry. We assist pharmaceutical companies, from virtual biotech to big pharma, in bringing their valued molecule(s) to the clinic and market. We provide a comprehensive and integrated portfolio of drug substance and drug product development, manufacturing, logistics and bioanalytical services.
Ardena is a rapidly growing international orientated organization with a dedicated team of about 480 professionals operating from 7 sites in Belgium, The Netherlands, Sweden, Latvia and Spain. Ardena has an open and transparent culture: team-spirit, an open mindset and ownership are important values in our company.
We are a dynamic drug developer offering exciting career opportunities to skilled and motivated people who want to work in a fast-growing market within the global pharmaceutical industry. Do you want to work in a challenging contract research and development environment, where experts come together to develop innovative drugs for unmet medical needs? Do you want to further develop Ardena and grow with us by becoming our next colleague? Then we might have the right opportunity for you.
For the Ardena Business Unit based in Assen The Netherlands, we are looking for an
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
Ardena Bioanalysis (Assen, the Netherlands) is a highly specialized and innovative organization that offers a full range of bioanalytical services from drug discovery research up to phase IV clinical studies. In our recently expanded and renovated GLP compliant laboratory our mission is state-of-the-art quantitative analysis of all types of drug compounds, their metabolites, as well as biomarkers in biological matrices using LC-MS/MS, ligand binding assays and flow cytometry.
The expertise of our enthusiastic team of over 90 highly educated bioanalytical scientists varies from small molecules to proteins including antibodies, antibody drug conjugates, oligonucleotides, and vaccines.
Ardena is a knowledge driven organization. An enthusiastic highly qualified team collaborates in a professional and informal atmosphere.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to oversee all building-related activities. You will play a key role in developing and maintaining the bioanalytical laboratory to ensure that facilities are safe and well functioning.
- Ensure that the building is in compliance with GLP regulations and fit for continued efficient operations.
- Planning and coordinating all maintenance of infrastructure and refurbishments.
- Manages accurate and timely performance and documentation of all facility related maintenance.
- Manages all facility related incidents and CAPAs within the given timeframe.
- Managing equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards.
- Handles permits, licenses and service contracts.
- Supervise facility staff (facility officers and assistants, purchase and material logistic officers) and external contractors.
- Overseeing the management of housekeeping duties.
- Responsible for the sample receipt and sample storage department.
- Provide direction and assistance in the preparation of operating and capital budgets, keep financial and non-financial records, perform analysis and forecasting.
- Overseeing receiving, ordering and administration of goods, supplies, and materials.
- Reviews utilities and goods consumption and strive to minimize costs.
- Review, negotiate and recommend maintenance and service contracts with appropriate contractors/vendors.
YOUR PROFILE LOOKS LIKE/ RESEMBLES
- MSc in an appropriate discipline (e.g. facility management, operational management).
- Minimum of 5 years of facilities or operations management experience.
- Experience in a regulated laboratory environment (i.e. GLP quality system).
- Proven ability to deliver tasks on time, within budget and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Good analytical/critical thinking.
- You are continuously looking for improvement.
- You have strong communication skills, able to listen and analyze a quality issue and explaining the proposed solution in an accurate manner.
- You are flexible, a problem solver and a team player.
- You are quality and result orientated.
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in Dutch (preferably) & English.
- You have good coaching skills.
- We love creative thinking and pro-activeness.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A true learning environment where you will have the ability to grow your skills
- A rapidly International developing and growing company with an interesting services, product and customer portfolio
- A dynamic working environment with nice colleagues
- Open straightforward but also caring culture
- We are true to our values
- An attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday a year
If you like to have more information about the role, please do not hesitate to contact Melloney Dröge (email: email@example.com) or Karel de Jonge (email: firstname.lastname@example.org), Tel: 0031 592 344211.
Ready to apply? Please click on the application button
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the European Union) will not be given a status update. Agency calls will not be appreciated.