Ardena is a leading contract development organization for the pharmaceutical industry. We assist pharmaceutical companies, from virtual biotech to big pharma, in bringing their valued molecule(s) to the clinic and market. We provide a comprehensive and integrated portfolio of drug substance and drug product development, manufacturing, logistics and bioanalytical services.
Ardena is a rapidly growing international orientated organization with a dedicated team of about 480 professionals operating from 7 sites in Belgium, The Netherlands, Sweden, Latvia and Spain. Ardena has an open and transparent culture: team-spirit, an open mindset and ownership are important values in our company.
We are a dynamic drug developer offering exciting career opportunities to skilled and motivated people who want to work in a fast-growing market within the global pharmaceutical industry. Do you want to work in a challenging contract research and development environment, where experts come together to develop innovative drugs for unmet medical needs? Do you want to further develop Ardena and grow with us by becoming our next colleague? Then we might have the right opportunity for you.
For the Ardena Business Unit based in Oss, we are looking for a
Project Leader / Senior Scientist Solid State
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Scientists/Project Leaders at Ardena Solid State Research Services are at the heart of the operation. As a Project Leader you are responsible for solid-state projects from start to finish. You will be writing a research proposal addressing the needs of our customers. Once a project is landed you will be the lead person to execute the project. This includes implementing experiments in the laboratory, collecting and interpreting data, deciding on follow-up experiments and, finally, writing a report for the customer.
During the project execution you will provide the customer with regular updates on the progress and results of the study. You will keep track of the agreed timelines and make sure that your projects are executed within the agreed budget. Project progression is discussed internally at regular intervals and you are supported by other project leaders/senior scientists including the Business Unit Director. You report directly to the BU Director.
The Senior Scientists/Project Leaders work with Associate Scientists and brief them on laboratory experiments required for a project and the conditions and timelines for such work. The Associate Scientists report back to the Senior Scientist/Project Leader in charge of the project (the direct reporting manager of the Associate Scientists will be the Business Unit Director).
The Senior Scientists/Project leaders are also in charge of the internal innovation with the aim to improve existing services and develop new product offerings. The scope for such innovation is solid state research and preformulation, as well as, other services that would complement our current service offering. Key internal stakeholder for such innovation is the Business Unit Director and the task will include working with other business units within Ardena.
YOUR PROFILE LOOKS LIKE/ RESEMBLES
- You have a PhD in Physical or Analytical Chemistry with proven experience in solid state chemistry
- You have high quality standards and a research minded attitude.
- You are a flexible person and you have a true customer focus and result-oriented approach.
- You have good communication skills (mainly English).
- You have at least 3 years experience in material sciences (pharmaceuticals)
- You feel comfortable in a dynamic and changing environment
- You like to learn and develop yourself
- You are flexible, a problem solver and a team player
- You have an analytical mindset and you are stress resistant
WHAT WE OFFER
- A true learning environment where you will have the ability to grow your skills
- A rapidly developing and growing international company with an attractive services, product and customer portfolio
- A dynamic working environment with nice colleagues
- Open straightforward but also caring culture
- We are true to our values
- An attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday a year
If you like to have more information about the role, please do not hesitate to contact Ana Fernández Casares, email: email@example.com, Tel: +31 20 8202690
Ready to apply? Please click on the application button
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the European Union) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.