Ardena is a reputed contract partner providing drug development, manufacturing, regulatory support and dossier writing, logistics and bioanalytical services to pharmaceutical customers globally. We guide our customers through the challenges of drug development to bring to the market life saving (or life bettering) new medicines fast. Our integrated service offering is designed to streamline the drug’s progress to clinic and beyond, a seamless flow of CMC information ensures fastest timeline and the best, phase appropriate, quality. We are team of over 400 professionals divided over 7 sites in Belgium, The Netherlands, Sweden, Latvia and Spain.
At Ardena we're reliable, proactive, flexible and we want to be best in class!
Ardena Riga SIA is a contract research organization (CRO) located in Latvia, conveniently situated in close proximity (20 min drive) to the two beautiful cities- Riga and Jurmala. Ardena Riga is part of Ardena Drug Substance Unit and is responsible for synthesis process development, analytical development and quality control of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). We are currently 17 employees divided into two teams: Analytical Development and Quality Control (ADQC) and Process Research and Development (PRD).
We are looking for an Associate Analytical Scientist to join our Analytical Development and Quality Control (ADQC) team in Ardena Riga.
As Associate Analytical Scientist you will conduct routine and non-routine analysis of chemical substances. You will develop, transfer, qualify and validate various analytical methods for analysis of raw materials, intermediates, in-process controls and drug substances. You will be part of interdisciplinary dynamic drug substance development team where you will actively contribute your vast analytical chemistry knowledge to create most effective control strategy for drug substance processes intended for clinical trials.
- Maintain and support analytical instrumentation
- Develop analytical methods for control of raw materials, intermediates and drug substances. Always use sound scientific judgement for development strategies
- Qualify (verify) and validate analytical methods for raw materials, intermediates and drug substances
- Establish specifications for raw materials, intermediates and drug substances
- Perform deviation investigations and any other quality related matters
- Actively identify items of improvement(s) and propose change control
- Stay up to date with regards to own theoretical knowledge and developments within discipline
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and projects
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Analytical or Organic chemistry or equivalent
- Bright and curious chemist
- In-depth theoretical and practical knowledge of various analytical techniques and technical capabilities to implement analysis methods and troubleshoot issues
- Able to plan own activities within a framework of assigned tasks and to work to deadlines and within defined quality standards
- Flexible and able to maintain focus in fast changing environment
- Persistent to resolve scientific challenges and hurdles
- Structured, able to follow written routines and maintain good record keeping
- Enjoy working in interdisciplinary teams and collaborating with colleagues across sites
- Fluent in English (Written and verbal)
- Fluent in Latvian
- Have 2+ years pharmaceutical analytical development experience
- Have knowledge and experience of GMP, ICH, Ph.Eur, USP regulatory requirements for drug substance development
- We offer a workplace with an inclusive environment, diverse team and high individual responsibility
- We treasure our people and prioritize professional learning and development. You will be part of motivated, driven and high achieving team
- A competitive salary, health insurance program, flexible working hours (40 h/week)
- The position is full-time permanent, with a 3 month trial period
- Starting date as soon as possible
If this role resonates with you and you are eager to start your Ardena journey, we are looking forward to your application.
For questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Agnese Jurkevica: firstname.lastname@example.org