Ardena is a leading contract development organization for the pharmaceutical industry. We assist pharmaceutical companies, from virtual biotech to big pharma, in bringing their valued molecule(s) to the clinic and market. We provide a comprehensive and integrated portfolio of drug substance and drug product development services.
Ardena is a rapidly growing international orientated organization in the industry, with 6 company sites in 4 countries. (Belgium, the Netherlands, Latvia and Sweden). Our head offices are in Gent, Belgium. In the past 3 years we have taken over several other organizations which are complementary to each other and created One Ardena Group. We currently have 300 people working for us and an annual revenue of 44 million (2020) and have realized an average growth of 15% on annual basis over the past 3 years and we have the ambition to continue this growth.
For the Ardena Business Unit based in Amsterdam, we are looking for an
Associate Scientist – Solid State group (FT)
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
Ardena Amsterdam is based in the Amsterdam UMC, which is specialized in the optimization of the drug substance physical forms including salts, polymorphs, amorphous forms and co-crystals. Our services also include preformulation activities and crystallization process development.
The Associate Scientist role is focused on performing laboratory experiments including sample preparations, solid form screens, analytical tests, interpretation of the data and reporting. The Project Leaders, who have overall responsibility of customer projects, work with the Associate Scientist and brief them on laboratory experiments required for a project and the conditions and timelines for such work. The Associate Scientist report back to the owner of the project (Project Leader).
YOUR PROFILE LOOKS LIKE/ RESEMBLES
- You have a Master in Science (MSc) in Physical or Analytical Chemistry with preferably experience in solid state chemistry
- You have laboratory hands-on experience
- You have experience with many of the following techniques
- X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD)
- Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)
- Thermogravimetric analysis coupled with mass spectroscopy (TGMS)
- Liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LCMS)
- Dynamic vapor sorption (DVS)
- Karl Fischer determinations (KF)
- You are able to meet high quality standards and you have a research minded attitude
- You feel comfortable in a dynamic and changing environment
- You like to learn and develop yourself
- You are flexible, a problem solver and a team player
- You have an analytical mindset and you are stress resistant
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in English (written as well as spoken)
- We love creative thinking and pro-activeness
WHAT WE OFFER
- A true learning environment where you will have the ability to grow your skills
- A multicultural and dynamic environment with nice colleagues
- Open straightforward but also caring culture
- We are true to our values
- An attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday a year
- The office is easy to reach by public transport
If you like to have more information about the role, please do not hesitate to contact Ana Fernández Casares, email: email@example.com, Tel: +31 20 8202690
Ready to apply? Please click on the application button
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in The Netherlands will not be given a status update. Agency calls will not be appreciated.