Ardena is a leading contract development organization for the pharmaceutical industry. We assist pharmaceutical companies, from virtual biotech to big pharma, in bringing their valued molecule(s) to the clinic and market. We provide a comprehensive and integrated portfolio of drug substance and drug product development, manufacturing, logistics and bioanalytical services.
Ardena is a rapidly growing international orientated organization with a dedicated team of about 330 professionals operating from 6 sites in Belgium (Gent), The Netherlands (Amsterdam, Oss, Assen), Sweden (Sodertalje), and Latvia (Riga). Ardena has an open and transparent culture: team-spirit, an open mindset and ownership are important values in our company.
We are a dynamic drug developer offering exciting career opportunities to skilled and motivated people who want to work in a fast-growing market within the global pharmaceutical industry. Do you want to work in a challenging contract research and development environment, where experts come together to develop innovative drugs for unmet medical needs? Do you want to further develop Ardena and grow with us by becoming our next colleague? Then we might have the right opportunity for you.
For the Ardena DDM Business Unit based in Ghent (Belgium), we are looking for an
ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST – ANALYTICAL DEVELOPMENT
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
Ardena Gent guides a worldwide portfolio of customers through the processes of formulation and analytical development and the manufacturing and labeling of early-phase clinical materials according to GMP appropriate standards.
The analytical laboratory plays a key role in the development and validation of analytical methods to characterize drugs and to perform quality control testing on incoming raw materials and on the finished clinical materials.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- You prepare, perform and report development and quality control analyses according to method descriptions and protocols
- You validate analytical methods
- You provide active input related to analytical issues
- You plan, organize and control the attributed analytical package
- You communicate and interact with method developer(s), compliance, Lab management and formulation scientists
- You initiate and document investigations and non-conformances
YOUR PROFILE LOOKS LIKE/ RESEMBLES
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in science
- You have recently graduated or have 1 to 2 years of relevant professional laboratory experience e.g. chromatography (HPLC, UPLC, GC), dissolution, Karl Fisher and spectrometry (UV-VIS, IR)
- You are capable of working in a regulated quality control environment (GMP)
- You are flexible, a problem solver and a team player
- You have an analytical mindset and you are stress resistant
- You are fluent in English (written as well as spoken)
- You feel comfortable in a dynamic and changing environment
- You like to learn and develop yourself
WHAT WE OFFER
- A true learning environment where you will have the ability to grow your skills
- A rapidly developing and growing international company with an interesting services, product and customer portfolio
- A dynamic working environment with nice colleagues
- Open straightforward but also caring culture
- We are true to our values
- An attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours
- 32 days holiday a year
If you like to have more information about the role, please do not hesitate to contact Stijn Maertens, email: HR@ardena.com, Tel: +32 9 267 65 00
Ready to apply? Please click on the application button
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the European Union) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.