Ardena is a leading contract development organization for the pharmaceutical industry. We assist pharmaceutical companies, from virtual biotech to big pharma, in bringing their valued molecule(s) to the clinic and market. We provide a comprehensive and integrated portfolio of drug substance and drug product development services.
Ardena is a rapidly growing international orientated organization in the industry, with 6 company sites in 4 countries. (Belgium, the Netherlands, Latvia and Sweden). Each Business Unit has its specialization. The organizations specialties are complementary to each other and created One Ardena Group. We currently have over 320 people working for us and have realized an average growth of 15% on annual basis over the past 3 years. We are ambitious! For you the possibility to expand and transfer your knowledge, grow and develop with us.
For the Ardena DDM Business Unit based in Ghent (Belgium), we are looking for a
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
Ardena Gent guides a worldwide portfolio of customers through the processes of formulation and analytical development and the manufacturing and labeling of early-phase clinical materials according to GMP appropriate standards.
As a Formulation Scientist, you are the leading person from the Galenic Team responsible for drug product development projects of new chemical entities in support of (pre)clinical studies and stability studies. The Formulation Scientist is expected to lead the project by independently prepare and execute the formulation development work.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing technical expertise/scientific input on formulation development strategies
- Preparation and practical execution of formulation development projects
- Providing scientific expertise and formulation insights to Core Teams meetings
- Assisting to client meetings to present scientific data in a clear manner
- Writing scientific reports for clients, e.g. formulation development reports
- Drafting work instructions for the Formulation Associate Scientists to ensure that work is performed efficiently and in a scientifically sound manner
- Monitoring experiments (e.g. process development, implementation of new formulation techniques) and ensuring complex data are interpreted in a scientifically correct way
- Identifying potential stability and performance issues with prototype formulations
- Streamlining the activities associated with a wide variety of formulation technologies to shorten Formulation Lab turnaround times and improve the quality of formulations being delivered
- Supporting the scale-up of developed formulations and bringing them to GMP manufacturing
YOUR PROFILE LOOKS LIKE/ RESEMBLES
- PhD level education in the field of pharmaceutical technology; preferable expertise in (wet) milling technology, spray drying, fluid bed granulation/coating or injectable formulations.
- Having a degree as Msc. Pharmaceutical Sciences is an asset.
- Excellent oral (presentations) and written (reporting) skills in English
- Flexibility to work in both an R&D and GMP environment
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing environment with ease
- Work independently or as part of a team, able to stimulate other co-workers
- Able to deliver results within limited time and budget; solution-oriented
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to make impact on multiple projects with a variety in formulations and technologies
- Ability to further grow your formulation and project management skills while working within multidisciplinary teams
- A true learning environment where you will have the ability to grow your skills
- A rapidly International developing and growing company with an interesting services, product and customer portfolio
- A dynamic working environment with nice colleagues
- Open straightforward but also caring culture
- We are true to our values
- An attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours
- 32 days holiday a year
If you like to have more information about the role, please do not hesitate to contact Stijn Maertens, email: HR@ardena.com, Tel: +32 9 267 65 00
Ready to apply? Please click on the application button
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the European Union) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.